Written by Eva Fairburn
Here come the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, snowy mornings, and cosy nights in with a hot chocolate! And what better way to prepare for Hot Girl Winter than with a new collection of styling essentials to elevate your Autumn/Winter wardrobe? Because let’s face it, as the temperature plummets, stepping out in style this season requires more than just a basic sweater and pair of boots…
We’ve outlined some of our must-have fashion picks for the new season to compliment any Wintery occasion; whether you’re heading to a pumpkin patch, to a Christmas market with a loved one, on a walk in the snow, or a drive in Christmas movie with your gal pals, we’ve got you covered!
It’s official… UGG Boots are back – and it seems that we are loving them more than ever this time around.
With all your fave celebs from Kendall Jenner to Gigi Hadid spotted stepping out in these stylish boots, it’s clear to see how the current athleisure and loungewear trends have helped propel UGGs into our Winter wardrobes. Providing all-day comfort and style, these boots are slowly but surely becoming a staple for pulling together a cosy outfit this season…
- UGG Classic Ultra Mini(Available from: Ugg.com, £135)
- UGG Classic Ultra Mini Platform Boot (Available from: Ugg.com, £145)
- UGG Classic Mini II Boot (Available from: Ugg.com, £155)
An all-time, classic A/W favourite – the trench. This versatile, yet stylish coat is an essential that we reach for every single year without fail.
A timeless piece that has the ability to polish up every outfit, the trench coat can be worn in a variety of different styles to elevate your Winter fits. Looking for some extra warmth or trying to find that perfect balance between warm and cool during the transitional Autumn period? The trench can elevate even the most basic of looks, from a plain white tee and jeans to your fave gym wear or tracksuit, a trustworthy trench is a go-to piece for all your seasonal style desires.
- ASOS DESIGN Lip Sleeved Trench in Stone (Available from: Asos.com, £76)
- Ego Button Down Belted Trench Coat in Khaki Faux Leather (Available from: Ego.co.uk, £49.99)
- Zara Faux Leather Trench Coat (Available from: Zara.com, £89.99)
HATS, GLOVES & SCARFES
Hat, scarves, and gloves, the three key Autumn/Winter pieces your Mum has been telling you to wear since you were five years old…
Whether you’re sporting a faux fur bucket hat and gloves or a colourful scarf and hat combo, these essential accessories have the most important job of all – keeping us warm as the wintery weather emerges. However, the hat-scarf-glove trio can be more stylish than you think, with the capability to add layers and texture, as well as a daring dash of colour to any outfit. In conclusion, this trio is definitely not to be overlooked when it comes to being warm and well-dressed.
- Stella McCartney Faux Fur Bucket Hat in Cream (Available from: Ln-cc.com, £250)
- Free People Shetland Recycled Blend Fringe Scarf (Available from: Freepeople.com, £40)
- Mango 100% Cashmere Gloves (Available from: Shop.mango.com, £29.99)
As sweater weather season is slowly creeping up on us, make a cosy addition to your wardrobe with the ultimate key to all Autumn and Winter outfits – the chunky knit is a recurring trend seen on the catwalks every year. With designers and brands focusing entire collections around knit, this is not a trend to be missed. In contrast to unconventional lightweight jumpers, layering knits under any outfit will create an effortlessly cool appearance while keeping you warm and snug, regardless of how chilly the UK Winter becomes. So, regardless of whether you prefer a comfy cable-knit or a thick turtleneck…a chunky knit is the ultimate Autumn/Winter styling staple for hot girl Winter.
- ASOS EDITION Hand Knit Cable Jumper in Oatmeal (Available from: Asos.com, £85)
- Monki Black and Beige Heavy Knit Sweater (Available from: Monki.com, £40)
- H&M Oversized Cable-Knit Jumper (Available from: HM.com, £24.99)