Written by Charlotte Nunnerley
Find your perfect match.
From Juicy Couture to Nike, Velour to Corduroy, the possibilities are endless. Influencers last month were loving the matching tracksuit trend, setting off the year to a chilled start. From Cinzia Baylis-Zullo to Chunkz, there’s various ways to style these once deemed “chav” looks.
The usual streetwear-look that predominately women have worn include a tracksuit, 90s shoulder bag and Jordans. The chic “dressed up for Sainsburys” outfit is popular to make yourself feel good and look even better. Influencers such as Chunkz have donned a sportier look. Puma tracksuits in royal blues and blacks. Chains around the neck and wrist are still incredibly popular, which has stuck around since the Normal People craze in 2020.
Independent fashion brands have arisen from Instagram and are more often than not dropping their launches with a tracksuit. Highstreet brands are competing with luxury brands to produce the chicest look of the season.
Here are some of my favourites I’ve come across:
1. Fuchsia Shaw: Fuchsia Shaw created the ultimate oversized tracksuit last year, whilst giving a nod to sustainability. Their garments are made with 100% cotton that is non-bleached. The colours include a soft cream and light grey. Instead of a full tracksuit bottom, she has twisted the trend to create a dad short. Current price: £38.50
2. Iets Frans: Their high-quality tracksuits come in a range of colours, my favourite being the chocolate fondant range. The contrasting hot pink embossed logo adds a different level to the look. These unisex tracksuits are great to share with your other half. Current price: £46.00
3. The Girls Bathroom: This brand has just launched their slogan “His Loss” tracksuit in cream and rich chocolate. The unisex collection features these colours of the season – which is the reason why it was, unsurprisingly, a sell-out. Current price: £42.00
4. The Pangaia: The luxury loungewear brand is one of the most sophisticated I’ve come across. If you’re looking for an outfit that will last you throughout the decades, this is the one. Marketed as “pyjama pants”, their joggers are more than suitable to wear outside. They’re excellently ethical, all garments being made with 100% organic cotton. The Pangaia showcase the positive impacts from the consumer choosing the product, truly going above and beyond, leading the way for other brands. The Orchid Purple colour is my favourite. Current price: £63.00
5. COLLUSION: The COLLUSION relaxed jogger set in blue marl is beautiful. This colour is a great alternative to black and will easily elevate your look. The fit is relaxed, with a loose cut and elasticated waist. Current price: £20.00
6. Juicy Couture: The iconic Y2K look is back and better than ever. Their brand-new embossed velour green collection is the ultimate Juicy look. The bright colour is a refreshing change to the nudes and pastels that we have seen recently. To nail this noughties look, pair with soap brows and hoops. Current price: £65.00
7. Jaded London: As seen on ASOS, their purple set looks luxury. Jaded London evolves street-style from around the world. Their innovative take on sweats is impressive. Straight leg joggers to sophisticate the look, paired with an oversized puffer coat would look great. Current price: £55.00
Whether you’re wanting the ultimate comfort for watching Netflix, or if you’re wanting to boost your street-style, it couldn’t be easier. Shopping responsibly is important when choosing your ultimate tracksuit.